Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Hilarious Baby Shower Game

I've seen lots of "Bride or Groom" or "Mommy or Daddy" games to help people get to know you at a shower, but I think my version takes the cake!  I was always known to be a goody-goody good girl, but secretly I always know that I am just good at hiding the weird things I've done.  So, I have invented a party game to play with my siblings... It's called "Confessions" and all you have to do is to get everyone to confess something embarrassing that they've done in their life.  I'll be frank.  I had no idea what freaks I spend holidays with.  Sorry guys, just sayin.  I thought I had a doozy when I admitted one of my deepest darkest.  At a family Christmas party, (I stress as a very young girl) I discovered that I had been left high and dry in the TP department and it was a code brown.  I checked the cabinets.  Nothing.  So I did what I had to do.  The back of the Santa hand towel got it.  Then, I simply replaced the hand towel and left.  (So, I guess if nobody invites me to their parties anymore, I get it.  But I was really little, I swear!!!)  Well, my Santa towel story was far surpassed by a crazy story from my little sis, but I'm not at liberty to reveal the shock and awe.  Anyhoo, for my shower, I made a game along those lines... "Daddy or Mommy" and boy did people get a lot of good laughs!  The game has a list of basic info about myself and my husband along with a list of naughty or strange things we did as kids.  Party guests simply had to decide who did it, Daddy or Mommy? Then they held up a little sign that said Daddy or Mommy to indicate their answer, and I got to watch the mouths drop.  My favorite moments were when little old ladies would confidently hold up the Daddy sign, then look at me like I was a sicko.  Haha!  Or when my Mom yelled out, "You did what?!?!"  You definitely have to make your own for the kicks and giggles!  I even taped a copy into Little LB's baby book for future laughs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment