Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Disposable Diapering - Prepping

It seems like everyone I know has a different experience with diaper brands, so take advice with a grain of salt! Don’t fret about registering for or purchasing the “wrong brand” because you can save the receipts and exchange what you don’t like or too much of one size. Here’s some advice I received from my mother hens and things I learned from my own experience.

If you look closely, you can see the yellow line on the diaper showing that the diaper is dry.
  1. Register for name brand diapers with the wetness indicator line. (The line changes from yellow to blue when the diaper is wet. See pic above. It helps a lot when you’re a beginner and don’t know what a wet diaper looks/feels like.) I liked having the same brand my hospital used so that I could get used to the feel of how to use them.
  2. Everyone seems to have a brand they had no luck with.  Mine was Seventh Generation.  It seemed like every dirty diaper resulted in a wardrobe change.
  3. Wait until diapers are on sale, you have coupons, and they offer some sort of reward points at your store for them. Check the website Southern Savers to see if you are actually getting a good deal: http://www.southernsavers.com/stocking-up-on-diapers-how-much-to-buy-at-what-price/
  4. If you register online, be sure to stop in the store to pick up your goodie bag.  Most places offer good diaper coupons in a little gift bag.  The best one I got was $25 off a $50 purchase of Honest Co diapers. Combining that with an in-store sale and spend $75 to get a $25 gift card, I got those expensive diapers for cheap!
  5. If you have packs of both Pampers and Huggies, use the Pampers first. I always felt that Huggies are roomier.
  6. Save receipts so you can return/exchange if you have too many of a size.  I know ladies whose babies skipped the Newborn size and went straight to Size 1!
  7. Cute designs are so much fun, but if baby is wearing a light colored outfit, you’ll see the pattern straight through!  (Looking at you, Honest Co.!)  Some dresses come with a white diaper cover. Put that on over the diaper, then dress your baby in the outfit of your choice. Problem solved! 
  8. Diapers with designs are super sweet for the monthly photo shoot!
A cute diaper, a bow, and a smile are all you need for a sweet monthly photo shoot!


No comments:

Post a Comment